Friday 11 January 2013

Premier League predictions 12/13.1.13

January is the time to step it up if you really want to finish in a good position in the premier league, so here are my predictions for this weekend...enjoy!

Saturday 12th January 2013

QPR v Tottenham
I predict a 2-1 win for Tottenham, although I do believe Harry Redknapp's revitalised QPR may give them a little scare.

Aston Villa v Southampton
I am going to go for a very narrow 1-0 win for Southampton. Yes both will more than likely be in the relegation battle come the end of the season but I just think that Southampton seem to have a little more fight, although Villa will be looking to bounce back after their Capital One Cup defeat to League 2's Bradford City.

Everton V Swansea
I think this will be one of THE battles of the Saturday Prem games and I think it will be a very close one with both teams looking good value at the moment. I'm going to say Everton will edge this one though and win 3-2 because they seem to really want a place in Europe this season.

Fulham v Wigan
Neither of these two sides have been brilliant so far this season, which is why I don't think this one will be particularly high scoring or entertaining but with Wigan being far better than this time last season I'm going to say they will win 1-0.

Norwich v Newcastle United
I think this is an easy one to call at the moment. Newcastle are without some of their best players and struggling for form whilst Norwich have done extremely well so far this season. I expect Norwich to continue flying high and win 2-0.

Reading v West Brom
West Brom have been the surprise of the season so far in my opinion, although some of their latest results have been a little off for their standards. Reading have done well in front of goal but have a really bad habit of letting goals in and not being able to keep a lead. I'd go for a 2-1 win for West Brom.

Stoke v Chelsea
This will be one of the toughest games this weekend and the most physical of Saturday's fixtures. I think that Stoke will provide a formidable opponent for the Blues but if Rafa Benitez can get the tactics right then I believe Chelsea will have the talent to beat a stern Stoke side. I'll go for a 3-0 win for Chelsea.

Sunderland v West Ham
Sunderland are having a difficult time this season in the Prem and West Ham are arguably having the best season out of the promoted sides. This game will probably have many chances for each side but ultimately I think it will be 1-1 at the Stadium of Light.

Sunday 13th January 2013

Arsenal v Man City
This will be the second biggest clash this weekend with both sides desperate for a win. Arsenal have been great of late and there has been no shortage of goals from the Londoners but they really need this win if they want to stake their claim for a Champions League place next season. Last years league winners Manchester City have failed to set the Prem alight so far this campaign although they have produced some good performances, but they will be looking to win this to keep the pressure on their bitter next door neighbours in red. I predict a 3-2 win for Manchester City.

Manchester United v Liverpool
Billed as the biggest game in the Premier League calender, this game gets more attention then the teams respective Derby games - this crunch match will be no different. With Liverpool looking for revenge after playing so well yet losing 2-1 at Anfield back in September and Manchester United wanting to keep the gap at the top as wide as possible, this game is THE one to watch this weekend. I know I'm slightly biased as I'm a Kopite but I do believe that Liverpool could take this match so I'm predicting a 2-1 win to the Merseysiders. (More about this in its own blog post coming up!!)

It looks like this weekend could bring some surprises in the best league in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment