Monday 29 October 2012

Writing, Me and Liverpool FC.

So, as you may have guess by my profile information, this blog is me mixing two of the things I love most - writing and Liverpool FC.

For as long as I can remember I have loved writing and wanted to do that in some form or anther as a career. Writing is a fantastic way to express yourself and be creative but not in the usual visual way - although visuals can be used to go with your writing. I love the feeling when I have written a piece that I absolutely love and there is not better feeling than when you get great feedback for your hard work!

To achieve my dream of becoming a Journalist/Writer I have had to work extremely hard already and it is STILL a work in progress to be honest with you. 

First of all I had to get great GCSE results to get into a college that would, in turn, enable me to get onto one of the best University courses for Journalism. Once my GCSE's were done, I chose to do Media and English Language at college - mainly because they would both help with any Journalism course I chose to go onto in Uni. After getting my A-levels in those, along with other subjects, I enrolled onto the International Journalism course at Liverpool John Moores University - seriously one of the best things I have ever done in my life, University is a fantastic experience - admittedly its not for everyone but I would highly recommend it!

At University, it really did hit me how difficult it would be to make my dream a reality - cheesy but true! But I was and still am determined to do what I want to do with my life.

After graduating I found it difficult to get a writing job, but eventually I got a Copywriter position with a website company so I was extremely happy as you can imagine :)!!! But it was short-lived when the company went bust and I am now currently working in a bookies but as you can see I'm still writing and still following what I want to do in some way.

Another passion of mine is the institution, the religion that is Liverpool FC! I was born a red and haven't really looked back since and to be honest I haven't wanted to either. I think my real love for the team came to light when my dad worked at Melwood for a short time some years ago and then became more apparent when I was 15/16 and Liverpool won the Champions League - I guessed I was just amazed that a team I loved/supported could mix it with the big boys of Europe (and I loved Stevie G, I mean who doesn't lol!).

So, over the last year or so I decided I would like to go into sports writing and here will be my first foray into it.

I hope you like what I do and feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment